Anyone having various iPad 2 problems?

Closed Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Anyone having various iPad 2 problems?

What problems does your iPad 2 have? | Techin5

Seems quite a few people are having various issues with the new iPad 2. Me myself I am having screen bleeding problems which I'm not happy about, but it's not as bad as in the video I saw on that site.

Anyone else having these problems? That site is apparently trying to get as many votes as possible so they can contact apple to get an official word for fixes and stuff.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Anyone having various iPad 2 problems?

Yes, I have the light bleed problem as well. Not an issue on my iPad 1. I am not happy. I spent $599 on this thing. I heard that Apple is gladly replacing units with this problem when stock becomes available, but I am also hearing them tell customers that many of the replacements might have the same problem. I purchased mine from an Apple reseller and must wait until Monday to find out what my replacement options are. As long as Apple takes responsibility and replaces units until they get this defect worked out I am ok with it. If they hide behind the problem like they did with their iPhone 4 antenna issue I will be returning my iPad 2 and either get an iPad 1 or something different.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the iPad 1, and it was flawless, never a problem. iPad 2 bleeding, and about the same as some others. Seems 52% of the people who have bought an iPad 2 have the screen bleed issue. Not good for something I paid for, especially from a company like Apple which usually makes top notch items!

Love Tablet.

Wife wants an Ipad2 went to Apple store. play with one..took picture with camera..not very clear. horrible. Did not buy one.sold out anyway.
    ASUS EP121-001A05M 64/4 Win7x64SP1 bios->modded704-Oct version

Scribbler - Standard Member

IVe returned 2 ipad2's in the UK for really bad light bleed so decided to give up and purchased a new 64GB ipad1 from ebay cheap........it has light bleed!! AAAAAAGGHH.

So......I have another ipad2 on order for Tuesday but Im tempeted to cancel and forget Apple as I had all this hassle last year with faulty iPhone 4s. Its almost like their products are mass produced at speed in sweat shops!

If I wasnt tied into the Apple ecosystem with all the apps Ive purchased and the fact all my media is in iTunes I would have walked away before now but having used quite a few android phones Im not a great fan of the software. So the only alternative is a Windows tablet.

I think Apple is gonna go down hill as their quality control goes out the window, and anyway everyone and there Gran will be using an "i" product and that aint cool right?!

*sigh

Edit: Make it 4 faulty iPad 2s and 1 iPad 1, ALL with backlight bleed!
    Last edited by jimmy1; 04-14-2011 at 06:54 AM.
    Jimmy BA
    Graphic & Fine art artist
    UK

Tablet PC:
    LE1700

Pen Pal - Newbie

well yes...
    1st iPad - Screen bleed
    replaced by 2nd iPad - Screen bleed again
    replaced by 3rd iPad - Screen bleed AND home button not working

Pen Pal - Newbie

I just picked up my iPad 2 yesterday, and there is no screen bleed. That is the first thing I checked. Maybe the more recent manufactured batches resolved this.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't think so, from what I hear it's LESS of a problem, but people are still having it

Love Tablet.

yeap..wife got one 64g IPAD2 now. freezes occasionally even with dual core A5. slow in respect...good for non-techie consumption purpose..paying Apple and book stores etc..Apple itune download is traffic jam. Safari mobile has limits. very little user controls on many programs.

some bleed ..but not too bad.
    ASUS EP121-001A05M 64/4 Win7x64SP1 bios->modded704-Oct version

Thread Information