Initial iPad impressions from a tm2 owner. - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Initial iPad impressions from a tm2 owner.

Quote Originally Posted by triggrhaapi View Post
    Ah, the iPad. I have spent at least four months of research on my decision to buy a TM2. I have gone from initially thinking of getting an iPad to looking at android tablets, to looking at trying to get windows 7 on a JooJoo to looking at a Lenovo x201t to ultimately buying the TM2.

The iPad has some strengths, yes, in that it is a very light and portable device with good viewing angles and a competent OS. It even offers better media playback with VLC and such. There are a great many uses for it, but it's just so damn dumb.

I refuse to accept that a device that has less power than my phone, runs the same OS as my phone and lacks any semblance of connectivity outside of it's dock and wifi/3G is the best possible option.

It's a mediocre offering, and Apple knows it can do better. Hell, if they made a convertible tablet Macbook Air, they might have sold me.

But I'll take my heavy, thick PC with it's 8GB of RAM, Core i5 and ATI graphics. The weight is a small price to pay to have my options a bit more open.
    Right now the iPad is not replacing the Laptop just yet, and may never for all people. On my iPad i have free cell calls and free text messaging which serves my purpose of communicating while on the iPad. The user friendly iPad is a lighter mobile Laptop with some phone capabilities. Women have the advantage because it fits in a pocket book, men will have to carry a back pack, Man Bag, brief case, or the iPad itself for a cell phone/laptop experience.

I'll tell you, when you pull out the iPad you'll have it all, communications, large screen, and user friendly keyboard, and a 3.5 cell phone ear piece for phone calls/music/privacy.

The down side right now is the lack of Multi-tasking, which is near, but this iPad concept is the beginning of a new trend in technology. So far i don't miss FLASH.

But don't sell your computer and/or cell phones just yet....

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I miss flash on my phone. I hate how websites offer a different internet experience (often for the worse) for phone based devices like the iPad. I don't want a bigger "mobile experience" I want a smaller "computer experience."

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by triggrhaapi View Post
    I miss flash on my phone. I hate how websites offer a different internet experience (often for the worse) for phone based devices like the iPad. I don't want a bigger "mobile experience" I want a smaller "computer experience."
    I agree... just remember when something first hits the market, it takes a baby step, down the road the iPad/tablet will combine... bring together... incorporate computer and cell phone capabilities. People want one device, mobility, that can do all, not multiple devices that only does some of all.

Cell phones will always be the on-the-go communicator, i can't see carrying an tablet device walking and talking/texting, its just to big for an instant communicator, but as a mobile computer with cell phone capabilities it will serve many people well.

I think the 7-10 screens will be the future want.

Pen Pal - Newbie

hello, I bought my Ipad 2 last month..... I have found no use for my Ipad 2 other than email reading, Calender and night light/ clock (I leave it on at night). Ipad 2's functions are purely for entartainment. I don't think any serious work can be done on it, even with Docs2go and Quickoffice HD.

Should've waited for the Samsung Slate 7! >:/
    T900H user (default config with i7 620M)

Desktop (custom):
    HAF 932 CASE
    GIGABYTE UD5-B3 1155 MOTHERBOARD
    i5-2500K CPU OVERCLOCKED
    4GB G SKILLED 1600 MHZ
    GIGABYTE GTX 570
    1TB WD 7,200 BLACK EDITION
    640GB WD 7,200 GREEN 24/7 EDITION
    500GB WD 7,200 GREEN 24/7 EDITION
    thermaltake 775 Watt PSU

Love Tablet.

I kept telling my wife it is an over sized phone.
    Having a Ipad/Iphone is like having a pick pocket machine. Most app you get has a charge. Apple does make it very easy for you to spend money.
    ASUS EP121-001A05M 64/4 Win7x64SP1 bios->modded704-Oct version

Thread Information