acer table for photo & video editing !

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default acer table for photo & video editing !

i like the acer c314 but the video card have 32mb dedicated, which is very low , have any body here used it for heavy photo editing (PSD files) more than 15 layers & also video editing using adobe premiere or canupus ?

does this model support speech or voice , everytime you write a character ?

like to here opinions or better for me to get the travelmate 8104 ?

thanks

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: acer table for photo & video editing !

The Acer 314 have 32M dedicated with 96M of virtual memory which will be taken from the main system a technology called Turbo Cache. With 128M to the video card I think it not will be a issue to use photoshop.
    Certanlly 8104 is a hell of a machine (it was one of my options too) but I only will go for that if you really need the widescreen aspect, the extra resolution and gaming. On the other side you will lose the tabletpc options which for photo editing, I think, it'll be a great plus.
    15.4 notebooks have a nice screen space but they are a little to big and difficult to handle sometimes, they are meant to be on your desk and casually take a walk with you, I now I'm being a bit harsh but that is the way I'm thinking. ( my past note was 15.4 wide).
    I'm just a casual gamer, not using photo editing too much, just php so I'm going for the c204.
    For voice suport I don't know if tablet OS have it out of the box, but you can always install a 3o. party software which ,maybe, have a better effect.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ansondigital
    i like the acer c314 but the video card have 32mb dedicated, which is very low , have any body here used it for heavy photo editing (PSD files) more than 15 layers & also video editing using adobe premiere or canupus ?

does this model support speech or voice , everytime you write a character ?

like to here opinions or better for me to get the travelmate 8104 ?

thanks
    That graphics card will handle anything in Photoshop you could possibly throw at it. The most important factor that you will be concerned with is processor speed and RAM to keep complex rendering times shorter.

Although the c314 has only 32 onboard megs of graphic card, it dynamically allocates a portion of your memory (usually 1024) in order to meet a demand of up to 128mb in graphic processing. This will usually cause the acer to heat up tremendously, as a word of warning.

Your photoshop editing should be no problem, I can safely say that any Macromedia program will work no problem.

If you are not into intense gaming, you should just be fine. If you do game a lot, you will have to get into modding drivers.

Thread Information