Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 168 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

hmm well i personally don't know anything about linux. except for a while some computers in one of our computer labs had linux on it. i think their basic idea though was to keep it really very simple so we couldnt get in any trouble... haha.

um, oh so here is a question for you all... on the product page for this computer, it says there is a pc card slot. does that mean it is an empty one, or is it the same one that is probably being used for the card reader?

"I will do science to it"

Hi apinkpony,

I think that refers to that it has an onboard PCMCIA card slot to read none other than PCMCIA cards.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

so me being dumb, that means i could put a pc card that was say, for bluetooth in there? i hopes.

also i talked to a gateway rep today. she said C-140X was exact same as CX210X except different processor and wacom instead of finepoint. I asked if they had fixed the problems with whining that CX210X had and she said she didn't know because she hadn't ever heard there was problems. We will have to see if there are any further differences. Reps aren't always super-informed.

Scribbler - Standard Member

They look different: If you look at the picture of the E-295 it's all black, instead of gray and silver... We'll see when it gets here, I used to have a CX210X.

<This space for rent PST>

The C-140X does appear to be relatively all black, except for the hinge. Of course the original picture Gateway had up on their site had the edge of the monitor closest to the keyboard as silver. Twas very odd.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

All of the new gateway models that I have received at my store (Office Depot) have had the black finish (which might I add looks very stylish and professional) instead of the grey/silver look of the ones they are replacing.

I can only assume this means the tablet will feature the same general design, but I may be wrong.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thaluckyspoon View Post
    First off: If I were you I would cancel my order and re-order it with a sales rep. You can haggle the price down over the 'sales chat' and get a price probably $100-200 less.

Second: The X3100 (standard option) will most definitely run the aero glass feature so I would not worry about that. Even the GMA950 (last version of intel integrated graphics) ran the aero without letdown.

And yeah like others have pointed out they are all 14" widescreen so you do not need to worry about that. I would seriously cancel and re-order though tryign to haggle down the price a bit.
    Ah, Thanks!

I thought about cancelling and trying for a better price, but I've been really busy and don't really want to deal with the sales reps. I have bad experiences with talking with such people, and them either talking so fast trying to get me to buy things that I can't understand them, or they put things on that I didn't ask for and then I have to try to explain NO to them . . . THEN . . . I don't have much luck with getting prices down. (At least over the phone. In person, that's another matter )
    Last edited by HS77; 07-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

One thing I am curious about is that I've read various opinions on the Intel GMA X3100 versus the ATI X2300 HD. Some say that the Intel GMA is better. Anyone heard anything concrete?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nichod View Post
    One thing I am curious about is that I've read various opinions on the Intel GMA X3100 versus the ATI X2300 HD. Some say that the Intel GMA is better. Anyone heard anything concrete?
    The X2300HD is definitely the superior card. Time will tell by how much (when reviewers post their 3dmark score and intel updates the X3100 drivers) but the X2300hd is definitely faster.

On a side note has anyone gone from the 'processing' stage to the 'production' stage... I am sadly still in processing... 12 days and counting...

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I spoke with sales today myself in an online chat. They were very patient and answered all of my questions. And I will be receiving a quote from them. So overall a good experience.

FYI: purchases $1000-2000 can receive a 5% educational discount. And if Linux is installed on the Tablet the warranty is still valid.

Thread Information