Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge - Page 165

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1676
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by chriscannon View Post
    I bet none of this would have happened if they didnt get bought out... Maybe mpc would have it on thier site? I heard its the only place to customise a c-140x...

And whats with all these people getting their c-140s in less than a week... Its just not fair!
    FAIR???
    We got ours in a week because we chose the pre-configured setups from Gateway. I was worried about delays, but there were none.
    Gateway C-140XL
    Ordered: 12/01/07, Arrived: 12/07/07

Pen Pro - Senior Member

mine came in like 2 weeks, configurable, and I think the 3rd or 4th member here to have gotten it.. so I won't complain!!!

Gateway c-140x
    C2D T7100, 2.5GB RAM, 80 GB HD, DLDVD-RW, X3100 w/ fingerprint ,Vista Home Premium (hope to upgrade to Ultimate)

Proud Member of the PFJ!

jeese... lucky.

I remember having tons of money but I couldnt buy anything because gateway wouldnt charge my account until my order shipped.

I had 2 grand saved for like 2 months and almost gave in to the higher priced (for the same performace) tablets... But then I figured I could get a normal laptop for about the same price as the c-140x and realised how much of a deal I got getting it for $1200, and decided to wait.

On a side note: I offered to help my friend decide on a laptop to buy and he ended up paying $1000 on a normal laptop with like all of the specs worse than mine... I think he should have listened to me!

Right... I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
    But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.
    Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl
    -The Four Yorkshiremen-

Level 90 Mage

So if I manage to get a 6 cell modular (it's still an option with MPC) how does it get removed and replaced with the CD/DVD? I have seen no mention of any mechanism on the C-140 for doing this like on some other laptops.

Gateway for Desktop x86
    HP for Mobile x64 and 8GB

Pen Pal - Newbie

Just want to say thank you for all the information on this thread, I found lots of great info after getting my c-140xL. anyone know where I can find a good price on the 12 cell Battery? Thanks
    Gateway C-140XL Pre-configured model

ORDERED: 12/01 - EDD: 12/14 - DELIVERED: 12/12/07

Some of my website's work

Proud Member of the PFJ!

Scuba... there is a little slide-button thing on the bottom that when pulled all the way will release the cd/dvd/modular battery drive and it slides in and out fairly easily.

Go to this site: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...14382Rbv.shtml

Its letter e/f.

Note, if you were holding the laptop correctly, the modular bay and switch would be on the right of the laptop.

Right... I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
    But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.
    Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl
    -The Four Yorkshiremen-

Level 90 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by chriscannon View Post
    Scuba... there is a little slide-button thing on the bottom that when pulled all the way will release the cd/dvd/modular battery drive and it slides in and out fairly easily.

Go to this site: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...14382Rbv.shtml

Its letter e/f.

Note, if you were holding the laptop correctly, the modular bay and switch would be on the right of the laptop.
    Thanks for the link and info.

Gateway for Desktop x86

Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my C-140XL and I'm loving it. This is going to make classes this semester such a breeze. I am always losing my papers and I hate recording audio from lectures because it's so agitating to search through the audio for what you need. With One Note though, it's SO EASY! I can just tap a section of my notes for the audio at that point. Makes studying virtually effortless.

Anyway, I figured I'd share with you my shipment times... prepare to be amazed.

Jan 10 - 1:00 pm : Placed order over phone
    Jan 10 - 5:00 pm : Order processing
    Jan 10 - 7:30 pm : Order shipped
    Jan 11 - 10:00 am : Order received!!!

Yeah, I got my tablet in 21 hours after I placed the order. To be fair, I did pay for overnight shipping. However, the standard shipping is practically free and so they discount faster ship times. I also got $50 off using the coupon ENT08NB. It's like the NEWYEAR coupon that also gave $50 off, but it's supposedly active for the entire year. Also, ENT08DT apparently works for desktop orders. (I'm not 100% positive on that code.) I hope everyone is enjoying their tablets!!!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

did it come from China, or from the US?

Gateway c-140x
    C2D T7100, 2.5GB RAM, 80 GB HD, DLDVD-RW, X3100 w/ fingerprint ,Vista Home Premium (hope to upgrade to Ultimate)

Level 90 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by ****car View Post
    did it come from China, or from the US?
    That would be pretty good coming from China. The flight time alone is at least 14 hours to California from China. Since GW only has the two configurations, they are probably stocked here.

Gateway for Desktop x86

Thread Information