Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 168 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Gateway C-140X Owners Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Nichod View Post
    I spoke with sales today myself in an online chat. They were very patient and answered all of my questions. And I will be receiving a quote from them. So overall a good experience.

FYI: purchases $1000-2000 can receive a 5% educational discount. And if Linux is installed on the Tablet the warranty is still valid.
    Ask them to knock off tax + the educational discount. Cite the fact that Lenovo and HP knock off tax and shipping for academic purchases. That will guarantee you more discount.

Pen Pal - Newbie

This is my first tablet and in the interest of being able to enjoy it the moment I get it out if the box, what do I have to do to calibrate it and so forth the first time I start it up?

Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered more than a week ago, EAD is July 26.

however, the order is still in processing stage... Does anybody here have their order on "manufacturing" stage?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by alucius View Post
    I ordered more than a week ago, EAD is July 26.

however, the order is still in processing stage... Does anybody here have their order on "manufacturing" stage?
    I ordered mine on the 28th of June and mine still says 'processing'. Another user posted that it would be in processing for 7 business days, building for 3 business days, then ship. If that is correct I should start the 'building' stage by tomorrow or the latest wednesday.

...that is of course if that user was correct... I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thaluckyspoon View Post
    Ask them to knock off tax + the educational discount. Cite the fact that Lenovo and HP knock off tax and shipping for academic purchases. That will guarantee you more discount.
    Good tip. I'll see what they'll do. I should just have you call the guy and order it for me

One happy thing I found out in my discussion with the sales rep is that the computers still come in that wonderfully fun cow box. Always loved that.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Oh me too. I remember long ago when I was just a kid, a friend got a cow box and me being the "techy" (not so much really, but in comparision yes) kid I got to set it up and it was soo exciting! Hah.

So 7 business days plus 3 business days for manufacturing, lets see where that puts us... (me)... at thr 16th/17th which seems pretty accurate, and then lets say it takes 4-5 business days to ship to old WA State, well darned that puts us as the 24th/25th. Well that estimate seems pretty accurate then doesnt it, sadly.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Hey I've got a question.

On the Gottabemobile website, for the specs of the E-395M/C-140X it says "14" WXGA, 1280 x 768 ( internal ), 2048 x 1536 ( external )"

What does that extra resolution mean with the external? Does that meal it will support a high resolution external monitor... or something else? Because its under the "display" category, not the "graphics" category, so why would the external display really matter here, wouldn't it only matter like, how much the video card can support and what the resolution of the monitor can be?

<This space for rent PST>

I assume that the 2048x1536 is the limit of the graphics card's resolution.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey there. I've been lurking around here for a few days and figured I should probably join now. On the 5th, I ordered the C-140x (only upgraded were to a 120 gb hdd and 2gb ram and 3 year warranty) and my ETA is the 24th also. Can't wait to get it. I love reading about how to use them, this will be my first tablet and i'm super pumped now to get it. The main reason I switched to a tablet is because I will be a freshman at Michigan Tech next year and figured it would be good to have. So thanks for allowing me to join you!

lyl
    o_0

Welcome, Sven!

I too will will be switching to tablet for college, and am very excited. Its a requirement to have a tablet at Virginia Tech (where I will be transfering to next year), but I probably would have gotten one anyway because I held out on getting a laptop for my freshman year. Im super excited about the C-140X and again welcome to the forums, I look forward to sharing related stores/info

Thread Information