W500 Case and other Accessories? - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: W500 Case and other Accessories?

i have targus tss21002-50 from frys for 10$. have a pocket in front for power and mouse. so far its good

found this on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folio-Leathe...ht_1310wt_1185
    already bought 1.
    Last edited by boycali01; 10-29-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add link

Pen Pal - Newbie

Boycal, how's the case working out? Good leather? How does the keyboard and typing work out? Stand sturdy enough to type on your lap?

thanks!

Pen Pal - Newbie

Mamba: how's that ebay, china-made folio leather stand working for you? Does it work docked to the keyboard? Is it steady enough to type off your lap?

thanks,

Pen Pal - Newbie

why do the cases suck for the w500 compared to other tablets in general? wish I could find the clip in type cases that are all over or the simple ipad/touchpad type ones. I just picked up the Elisse one and it kinda stinks. i don't expect much from a $15 case, but the gapping on the border by the camera is annoying. I can get the same tab held case for just about every tablet but this one. they even made one for the touchpad with its limited run. It's the one thing keeping me from carrying this all the time, and I keep grabbing my a500 or touchpad and keep the 11" laptop in the bag at the ready. Odd how something as basic as a case can affect how I use a device.

Pen Pal - Newbie

still looking for the best cases for my w500 where I could also put my hdd 2.5 external and my wifi portable.

Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a great thread; I'm glad to see so many excited W500ers.

I'm looking for a folio / case / cover that lets you put the tablet in upside-down when used as a stand, and still have access to the USB ports. I am almost always going to be having a USB-3G device (my phone or another device) plugged in. I won't be using the wi-fi hotspot functionality of any devices I have, due to the tendency for my devices to overheat. Anyone have any ideas on cases that fit the profile?
    Last edited by feuertier; 12-05-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by boycali01 View Post
    I have that case, it's not wearing very well bits of it are coming off. But, it's still in one piece, so it's working...

Quote Originally Posted by feuertier View Post
    I'm looking for a folio / case / cover that let's you put the tablet in upside-down when used as a stand, and still have access to the USB ports. I am almost always going to be having a USB-3G device (my phone or another device) plugged in. I won't be using the wi-fi hotspot functionality of any devices I have, due to the tendency for my devices to overheat. Anyone have any ideas on cases that fit the profile?
    That's actually a good idea... The case above kind of allows for that, not sure how well it'll stand though... I bought some of those right-angled usb extension adapters, they make things a bit easier.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Thought I would post my accessories. I purchased two covers as I couldn't decide on which to have. This one was 15 bucks free shipping so I decided to go for it. It's 29.99 now. Don't know why it's changed in the last few days. Folio Leather Stand Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab W500 | eBay

This one is smaller in thickness to the tuff-luv case, which I also bought. It isn't made as well and is definitely not leather. The cover has some bubbles in it but I was able to smooth out. It didn't look as nice as my Incase cover I have on my iPad and is considerably cheaper in quality. It fits nice but the cover raises up away from the webcam pointed in my direction and it can be seen in the video. Hopefully it will smooth out. It fits nice and should be ok to toss around at work and I won't worry about scratching it. Like others have said, you get what you paid for with this case.

The tuff luv case is really nice, fits really well and is made of leather. I thought that the fold out tab was too bulky from the pictures I saw prior to buying it but it snaps in place and is low profile and generally looks professional. Problem with this case is that you can't dock the keyboard like the other, cheaper case. That's why I bought two as I'm not sure which will stay on the w500 and how much I'll use the keyboard yet. Call it a 15 dollar experiment because I think the tuff luv will be the case for long term. Paid 51 bucks for it on amazon. Seems it has two listings and this one looks identical to the listing for 69 bucks.

Purchased a Targus stylus. I really like using it and it changes the experience of the tablet.

Purchased a Lexar 133x 128gb card for storage. I loaded some programs on it instead to save space. It's really fast and programs load pretty quickly with no lag.

Purchased a timbuck2 nylon carry bag from bestbuy for 49 bucks and it has enough room for the tablet with cover on, keyboard, an apple blutooth keyboard as an extra and my iPad with a cover. Other pockets are there for the power cords.

Purchased a playtronics hd pro+ for voice dictation on the device. I loaded dragon dictate 11.5 and it is much faster and more accurate than the legacy voice dictation software. I was blown away with how well dragon works with the w500. I did close many of the background running programs to allow dragon and ms word to work together. Not any stutter but it does compute the dictation slightly slower than my pc with 4 gb of ram. Wish I had the C60 model but the 1 ghz processor and 2 gb of ram supports dragon 11.5. It's a great little computer and my hopes that the msata ssd get cheaper as I'll probably upgrade next year to have more space. One thing I did that helped free up space a lot after installing the programs I wanted was to delet all temp files from c:/user/local/appdata/temp directory. Somehow I had 8 gb of temp files!

The playtronics mic is really nice and gets great reviews on amazon. Very happy with the devices voice dictation capabilities
    Last edited by Delirious; 12-09-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    The tuff luv case is really nice, fits really well and is made of leather. I thought that the fold out tab was too bulky from the pictures I saw prior to buying it but it snaps in place and is low profile and generally looks professional. Problem with this case is that you can't dock the keyboard like the other, cheaper case.
    I also have the Tuf Luv Case and like it very much.

You can dock it to the keyboard,I do it all the time.

Open Tuf Luv Case, undo the velcro strap and pull it down and towards the back of the case you will notice a crease running straight across the back,just keep pulling until it is at a 45 degree angle...use your pinky fingers to hold the flap back ...now slide your tablet into the keyboard and use the front cover to adjust screen angle.
    Last edited by ACIWD; 12-10-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Mouse: Interlink VP6151 Bluetooth mouse. AAA Batteries, and can be charged through USB. Working great.

Anyone else get any cool accessories over the holidays?

Thread Information