best backpack?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best backpack?

Ria
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default best backpack?

I've seen a lot of cases, business style bags, and portfolios, but what about a backpack for a college student?

As a student, hauling around my books is pretty essential... Now those messenger bags leave me walking around practically bent over sideways... So a good backpack is a must... but still being price conscious, although this is something I don't want to skip on. Keep in mind that there are some days I honestly couldn't fit any more books in my jansport backpack even if I tried.

So, what's the best backpack that can fit/protect a 12.1" tablet, fit a bunch of books, and not be so big that I look like a little kid wearing a backpack two sizes too big.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: best backpack?

I would check out the Targus lineup. Also, check out http://www.ebags.com - you are bound to find all osrts of deals there.

I love my Spire backpack. I've carried around my books and laptop in it for almost a year now without a problem

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Check out timbuk2 bags....they have a huge assortment of backpacks and those messenger bags you don't like. But some of the backpacks are designed for laptops and books Anyway the website is:

www.timbuk2.com

Forgot to put the url

www.spireusa.com

Pen Pal - Newbie

My oakley bag with labtop pouch is my best purchase since my x41 this thing is great it seems to disapear when its on my back. Its amazing and you won't believe it till you put one on.
    It fits my X41 great with extra space but i'm not sure if its big enough for some of the larger laptops you might have to check before you pick one up.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Another vote for Targus here.
    I have 2 of their bags and they are exceptionally high quality - never had an issue with damage whilst using Targus bags.

Burton makes some solid backpacks and many have laptop compartments. I checked a few out at a local outdoor shop and they are build very solid. Give 'em a look: http://store.burton.com/Bags/Packs.j...=1171981331939.

Hope that helps!

PS ~ I'm a college student myself and as soon as I get the $$$ will be investing in one of these bad boys...

Pen Pal - Newbie

oakley icon 2.0 hands down. its on the expensive side, but worth every penny.

Dell XT2

I have bought OGIO Laptop bags, and my laptop is still in one piece. Not only does it not only have a separate place for my laptop, but it also has enough room for all of my books.. I paid about 80 dollars for the bag, but I am sure you may be able to find a better place to buy it, other than a school bookstore.

http://www.ogio.com/products.php?category=41

I own three OGIO bags, one for my laptop, one as a backpack I used before I bought a laptop, and one as a purse type thing. I just love them

Thread Information